Bitcoin prices have been on the rise since mid-last year, and now is the best time to start investing in it.
First things first. What is Bitcoin? You may have heard about it. Bitcoin is the most convenient way to make payments from anywhere in the world without exorbitant fees in the way. You can find out more here.
If you are in Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, in the XOF region, Europe or the UK you can buy Bitcoin from BitPesa. Here’s how:
- Sign up for a free account on the BitPesa site. Do it here. You will need to upload a scan of your national ID or passport.
- Once you’re logged in, select New Transaction on your dashboard. Business hours: Monday – Friday, 6AM – 4PM GMT.
- Choose the currency you have in the “You sell” field and BTC in the “Recipient gets” field. Enter the amount you would like to sell or amount of BTC you would like (recipient) to receive. Click NEXT.
- Select your recipient by adding a new one or selecting one from your saved list. Click NEXT. Enter the mobile money number you’re going to use to pay. A payment prompt will be sent to your phone as soon as you complete the steps. For Nigeria, you will find payment instructions at the end.
- Review and confirm payment details on the next page then click CONFIRM AND PAY.
- On the next page, you’ll find the payment page with your transaction details and payment options. You can pay with Paga or your debit card in Nigeria, or mobile money in Ghana, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- You will receive your BTC in a few minutes!
What if I don’t have a Bitcoin wallet?
If you have an Android phone, we recommend Bitcoin Wallet or Mycelium. If you have an iPhone, we recommend Blockchain. If you have any other type of phone or would prefer a desktop wallet, go to your web browser and create an account on www.blockchain.info.
Why would I want to buy Bitcoin?
You can purchase items online (click here for a list of merchants who accept Bitcoin), pay staff or suppliers in Bitcoin, or trade Bitcoin with fellow enthusiasts!
If you have any questions in regard to this, let us know via the chat below or on [email protected]. You can also call our customer service lines at +233 55 098 5580, +254 714 356 461, +234 908 206 5264 or +256 756 595 234.
There you have it. Start buying today!